Skin rashes spreading from legs to stomach and lower back. Can it be due to poison ivy?
Thanks for posting your query.
As per the description provided by you, the possibilities are papular urticaria, contact dermatitis, scabies, disseminated eczema, etc.
I would request you to answer the following parameters which will help me narrowing down the possibilities:
- Do you have fever, sore throat, body aches, etc. ?
- Do you have lesions in between the finger web spaces, wrist, groin, genitals?
- Do the skin lesions have punctum or opening at their centre?
- Are the lesions persisting or they go away?
Pictures of the lesion taken under bright light will be very useful. You can upload good quality pictures of the affected areas by using the feature available on the right side of this page.
Meanwhile you can apply calamine lotion over affected area and use over the counter tablets such as zyrtec can be used for itching.
Anticipating your reply.
Thanks for the details.
I still cannot view the image uploaded by you.
Apply cutizone lotion for 5 days.
If the condition persists beyond 5 days a consultation with dermatologist should be sought.
A skin biopsy may be needed for confirmation of diagnosis.
Hope this helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Should I take acetaminophen for fever, constipation and vomiting?
- What can I do to relieve skin rash?
- Bloating, incomplete evacuation, constipation, blood in stool, unable to...
- Does taking Jack3d supplement have any psychological side effects ?
- Are heavy snoring, shortness of breath with coughing and dry throat...
- Periods completed, spotting during sex, pain in back and abdomen....
- How is lichen planus pigmentosus treated ?
- Patiki eye rash on shin. Treatment?
- How is aspartyglucoseaminuria and rheumatoid arthritis treated ?
- Why is it hurting inside my pubic area?