Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Skin peel done on face. Noticed burning, blisters and swollen on forehead. What is the problem?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Hello I had a skin peel done on Sunday on my face.than week later I had a moisturizing facial and right after that I went to sea world from 11am till 3. When I got back my skin was burning me red with blisters at the top of my witch is Monday a day later I notice that the middle of my forhed is swallen! Please help
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

There seems to be an acute sun burn as you describe it. You just need to stay home for couple of days.

Sun burn reaction subsides on its own without leaving marks. Meantime you just need to put cold water dipped clean cloth on your face for 10 minutes for five times a day. I'd not like to suggest any medication at this stage.

Facial treatments generally open up the pores on the skin which are prone for infections. Hence the experts advise to stay home for 24 hours after such treatments. The second problems are because of the chemical ingredients used in such facials which can turn toxic to sensitive skin.

So please be aware of them next time. For now just stay home and cold towels help. The best thing is not to touch them with fingers or instruments or soaps as they attract infection.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further queries else you can close our discussion here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor