Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Skin on penis did not reverse after several intercourses. Feeling pain while urinating and small portion of penis is protruding out. Treatment?

Apr 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 6487 Questions
Hello Doctor, I am 34 years old male. I have heard that after first few intercourses, the skin on the penis gets reversed & remain reversed permanently. My penis size is small & thin & my skin didn;t get reversed after several intercourses. I tried reversing it forcibly by hands. I could do it but now i am feeling some pain while urinating. Also, i could see a slight bulging on the soft skin which is connected to the tip of the penis. It is still connected there. What should i do? Is this normal to have the reversed skin permanently? A small portion of the inside penis is now continuously protruding out of the outer skin, which pains even if clothes touches it.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You seem to be suffering from phimosis and need treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

In ability to retract / reverse foreskin completely is called phimosis. It is not uncommon; there are many other men who face similar problems and are unable to reverse foreskin. This happens due to tight foreskin attachment or due to constriction at the opening of foreskin. Forcefully trying to retract the foreskin can lead to bullous swelling and foreskin doesn't go back; this condition is termed paraphimosis. Paraphimosis can compromise blood circulation and lead to complications.

Based on your description, I think you are developing this paraphimosis. In this circumstances, I do not recommend you to wait. Please visit the nearest emergency care centre. You will be evaluated clinically and if presence of paraphimosis is confirmed, the doctors can help you retract back the foreskin using lubrication.

Conservative treatment using local applicants and surgical remedies (circumcision, dorsal slit and ventral slit) are available to treat phimosis at a later stage. I prefer to try conservative treatment using local betamethasone ointment before suggesting surgical means.

In simple terms, I am a bit concerned with your current symptoms. Nevertheless it can be easily treated if treatment is initiated at the earliest. Visit a nearest medical centre to treat your current (fresh) symptoms and plan for phimosis correction at a later date.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor