Skin on my legs feels too dry, causing itchiness. Due
Eczematous dermatitis, topical steroid, moisturizing lotion & antihistamini
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone gone through your complaints and it seems to be an eczematous dermatitis.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream diluted in a moisturizing lotion containing white soft paraffin in the ratio of 1:3 on the affected areas twice daily for 3 weeks and take antihistaminic like levecetrizine 5 mg twice daily.
This will help in resolving the itch and pigmentation.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
Also avoid harsh soaps, avoid hot water for bathing and use lukewarm water and avoid direct contact of woolen clothes with the legs.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to answer any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs