Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
127 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Skin infection in groin region, used ring guard, micogelnitrate. Treatment for scar removal ?

Answered by
Dr. CS Narayan

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 545 Questions

Posted on Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi. i have skin infection in the groin area for almost 10 years. kindly suggest some creams. i have used ring guard and micogelnitrate .i got some relief, but the scar is remaining.
Answered by Dr. CS Narayan 13 minutes later

Thanks for your query.
I shall address your concern based on your current given information.

I understand you need help with your skin condition near the groin.

I would need you to answer the following questions before I can provide a close possibility of what your condition is.

1. Did you self administer "Ring guard" and "Micogel Nitrate" or took it on prescription ?
2. 10 Years is a long time. Have you not visited any dermatologist in the period ?
3. How do you know it is infection ?
4. And are you using both simultaneously ?
5. Any sexual history ?

My advice to you for now:
1. Its beyond time you showed that skin lesion to a dermatologist.
2. Only after a clinical diagnosis which may involve tests, a suitable medicine is used.
3. You already have used antifungal creams, that too 2 similar ones.
4. So, just maintain proper clean hygiene around the area till the visit.

Scarring occurs due to superficial fibrosis of the skin, that has been undergoing changes since 10 years. That is not an immediate worry as the infection per se. And moreover creams alone may not help to remove the whole infection from your body.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations or further new queries as you prepare to make decision regarding future care, do not hesitate to reply.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Radhika
Follow up: Dr. CS Narayan 17 hours later
No i haven't consulted any doctor before. yes, but one of my friend had a same problem so his doctor administered him Micogelnitrate.
iam not married yet.
Answered by Dr. CS Narayan 19 minutes later

Thanks for the reply.

You should follow my advice in my answer above.

Never buy the same medicine that is prescribed to another, even if you think you have the same condition.

And reply back with any test results - so that I can explain you.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Radhika
Follow up: Dr. CS Narayan 50 minutes later
pls advice. i had neva undergone through a test program/
Answered by Dr. CS Narayan 8 minutes later

Thanks for the reply.

I advice you to consult a good dermatologist at Vishakapatnam. He will refer the tests you need for confirming diagnosis if he cannot make it out clinically.

If tests are needed to confirm the diagnosis, either a culture or a skin lesion biopsy (for example, a scraping of the skin) may be done. A KOH (potassium hydroxide) test may be done in the office for quick diagnosis.

Meanwhile keep the skin clean and dry.Wear cotton underwear.
Don't wear clothing that rubs and irritates the area.After bathing, apply antifungal or drying powders.

Reply back from the treatment details of the doctor, and I can explain in here for your condition.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Radhika

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Fibrosis

doctor1 MD

What are the latest Tx options for Polymiositis(Dx via muscle biopsy 3yrs)? How to counter complication of pulmonary fibrosis? 58yo male w/o prev...

doctor1 MD

my 18 month old son got suddenly severly ill he s had 2 bone marrow asperations one found fibrosis of the bone marrow and 15% blastomas that show...

doctor1 MD

6/12: diagnoses - hospitalized with chronic severe gastroenteritis, asymptomatic for bilateral pleural effusions. Rt lung drained approx 425cc;...

doctor1 MD

I underwent surgery of Retroperitoneal fibrosis in 2006. Recently CT scan of whole abdomen carried out. Impression says that recurrence of fibrosis...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with intermittent testicular torsion 3 years ago and had orchiopexy performed with non absorbable sutures. Before the surgery my...

doctor1 MD

Was recently diagnosed with copd . Never smoked but grew up heavy secondhand smoke from parents. Waiting for results from ct to rule out a tumor or...

doctor1 MD

I have had a hemorrhoid for at least 10 years. It does not itch nor does it hurt. I have trouble getting everything out because it snakes out. When...