Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Skin has started to close around penis, not circumcised. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
My husbands skin has started to close around his penis,he was not circumsized as a baby.What kind of Dr should he see?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Based on the description you provided I suspect your husband is developing Phimosis.

It could be secondary to recurrent infections or minor trauma. This if not treated may become permanent and can cause complications if not treated.

You may have to consult an Urologist who may perform Circumcision. Circumcision is a day care surgery without any complications.

Meanwhile he can apply 0.05 % Betamethasone valerate cream to prevent further encroachment of the foreskin over the glans.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor