Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Skin grafting done after accidental injury. Now not looking good. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
Hi Doctor,

I have one general question. My cousin met with an accident 4 years back. Because of this accident skin on his thigh was completely removed. Doctors removed skin below the knee and attached to thigh. Now it is not looking good on thigh. It is rough and black color.

Now In Bangalore I want to take him to good doctors. Can you please help me to which specialist I have to consult and also if you can give reference to good doctors in Bangalore It would be great.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding mismatched skin over thigh after an accidental injury.

Considering your complaints it is clear that your cousin has only a cosmetic problem on his thigh. This problem may be solved by transplanta of skin flap from other part of body as in your case preferably from abdomen. This job will be best performed by PLASTIC SURGEON.

As far as surgeon in Bangalore is concern that you can surch in google.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor