Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Skin coloured bump under the eye, irritating. How to treat it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3620 Questions
I have a small skin colored bump on my lower waterline of my eye, it is not painful just slight irritation. It has been there for about a week and I have not used make up. I am just wondering how to treat it?
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The image you have attached is blurr and could not make out clearly.

If you can send another one with good clearance I would be able to be specific in opinion.

Based on the description you provided I would consider the lesion to be a Stye which is inflammation of the oil gland on the edge of eyelid.

This condition can be well treated with eye ointments , I would advice you once I am confirmed of the diagnosis by looking at a better picture.

Please do send.

Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor