question-icon

Skin around belly and lower back hurts. What is the cause and cure?

Posted on Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Question: My husband has just told me that a couple of weeks ago hos skin hurt around his belly and extending to hos lower back. Then it went away and now it is back. He says it doesn't seem to go farther than the skin and when he has no shirt and nothing touches it he doesn't fell pain. When hos short rubs against ot he feels a little.pain and if he actually touched.then he experience more pain.
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure (2 hours later)
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Symptoms described by you suggestive for hyperesthesia, excessive increase in sensitivity of the skin to stimuli, in his case tactile hyperesthesia, this is common and occurs in neurological disorders( periphery neuropathy, nerve /disc compression, etc.. ) , as you stated that pain radiated to back. I would advice him now avoid physical exercise (jiu jitsu) and consult Neurologist for neurological clinical evaluation, with nerve conduction test, and may be as per Doctor decision MRI or CT scan.

I wish your husband good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,

Dr.Mihail

Dr. Mihail Iepure