Sir...i had sex with sex worker that time condom broked

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Sir...i had sex with sex worker that time condom broked and i removed after 10 second and washed. After 12 week eclia test result is .11 and 3.5 day eclia result is .25 and after 5.15 eclia result is .16 ...is it conclusive?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need clarification...

Detailed Answer:

As I understand you were involved in a risky exposure and you tested for HIV. Can you clarify what you meant by "12 week eclia test result is .11 and 3.5 day eclia result is .25 and after 5.15 eclia result is .16" Did you mean you had three elisa test done on different days?

Assuming these are three different ELISA test results; all the values are negative for HIV. Practically your chance of HIV infection is close to zero. I will not be overly worried about it any more.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 9 minutes later
require any more tests ?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Confirm the time of tests...

Detailed Answer:
As you mentioned the test was done after 12 weeks, I assume all the tests were done after 12 weeks. In that case practical chance of HIV infection is close to zero. You need not repeat any more test until 6 months. Don't worry, the 6th month test will also return negative in all probabilities.

Hope this answered your questions. Let me know if you need more information.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 19 hours later
sir..i had 3rd eclia test after 5 month 15 days result is .16 ..can i consider its 6 month mark conclusive results
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes..

Detailed Answer:
For all practical reasons we can take the test results as conclusive.
You need not be worried further.

Hope this answered your question. Let me know if you have any other doubts.