Sir we had our baby born in September 2018 i.e.

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Sir we had our baby born in September 2018 i.e. 3 months back...from when we can start having sex?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As and when she is ready...

Detailed Answer:

Sexual intercourse can resume as and when your partner is ready for it. It may take 3-6 months in most women. The duration is lengthier in women who had difficult labour and those who have had caesarian section.

You should discuss with your partner and intercourse can resume whenever she feels fit and healthy.

You should also understand that your wife will be able to conceive again as early as 1 month after delivery. So use contraception if you are not planning for another pregnancy soon.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 3 days later
she had Caesarian...please tell me minimum time we should keep after September for making a relationship?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
3 month preferable...

Detailed Answer:

3 months is the usual time of recovery in an operated patient. Some times the recovery may be delayed and the duration is individualized.

In other words, I suggest you to wait for a minimum period of 3 months. Beyond 3 months, you may want to discuss with your partner. Sometimes she may still have tiredness, weakness and pain. Further repeated nursing may aggravate the symptoms. You need to discuss these with your partner.

Hope this is clear. Let me know if you need clarifications.