Sir, I have found white paste deposit underskin of my

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Sir, I have found white paste deposit underskin of my penis. Herewith I attached the photos for your reference. I'm staying in rural place so unable to consult a doctor. Please tell me the problem caused and suggest me a medicine.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Smegma

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
This white deposit under the foreskin is Smegma. Smegma is composed of shed /dead cells, secretions and moisture., Though smegma accumulation is quite common in uncircumcised males, however, sometimes due to negligence it keeps on accumulating leading to deposits which might be a bit difficult to remove. I suggest you to remove these deposits gently with plain lukewarm water and moist cotton. Do it gradually over 2-3 days. You must clean the underside of prepuce regularly to avoid reaccumulation.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Thanks for your reply. But, daily while bath, I'm cleaning with water. Is there any ointment to remove..
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Smegma

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Soak soft cloth or hand towel in lukewarm water and wrap it around the shaft. This would loosen up the deposits and then you can gradually remove them with wet hand towel. In addition you may also use clotrimazole 1% and beclomethasone dipropionate 0.025 %cream (Candid-B cream), twice daily for a week.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj