Sir I had sex two time without condom with transgender

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Sir I had sex two time without condom with transgender in a day. Next day I checked her blood in a lab that comes hiv positive hiv 1&2 both. I go to a doctor who give me hiv pep for 30 day . I started pep within 48 hours.
After some day taking arv I have a lot of pain in my abdominal .
After finishing my pep I tested hiv in ictc at 30 day from the day of exposure come negative.
Next 90 day from the day of exposure come negative .
And next in ictc at 240 day from the day of exposure come negative.
But I have all time feverish and allergies from taking arv till now.
I have all time headache .
Is these all test complete or I need test again.
I am hiv free or not.
What I can do for my problems
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 0 minute later
Sir I had sex two time without condom with transgender in a day. Next day I checked her blood in a lab that comes hiv positive hiv 1&2 both. I go to a doctor who give me hiv pep for 30 day . I started pep within 48 hours.
I have all time headache .
I am hiv free or not.
What I can do for my problems
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV Infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi,.
Welcome to HCM.
Unprotected sex with transgender... But you had not explained what type of sexual activity you had with her. Is it coitus interfemoris, or felatio or anal sex?
Anyhow a Non-reactive HIV test 8 months after the exposure definitely ruled out the possibility of HIV infection.
Nearly 40%of spouses of people infected with HIV are remaining HIV free in spite of regular sexual activities for years together (discordant couple). So you need not worry. Forget that incident. Relax.
Dr S Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
You are free from HIV Infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi,.
Welcome to HCM.
Dr S Murugan