Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears

ENT Specialist
Question
Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears often itch and I use ear buds or papers to get rid of it. This is going on since a long term( more than 12 years). Today I found on internet that chronic ear infection has higher risk of cancer. I am much afraid. Is it anything serious like cancer ???? Is ear cancer curable ???? Also before 2-3 years I felt the left ear passage was a bit narrow than the right ears passage. I afraid of cancer....
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Otitis externa

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Itching in the ear canal is a normal phenomenon. It is due to dryness or wax accumulations or due to irritation caused by the water entering into the ear while bathing or swimming etc.
Cancer of external ear canal is characterised by either gradual conductive loss or bleeding etc.

You should get your ears examined by an Ent specialist to look for any narrowing of canal and any ear wax which might be causing itching.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears 4 hours later
Thank you mam. Mam, is the narrowing of passage might be due to cancer or can the previous stated symptoms lead to cancer(I am also not sure whether it is actually a bit narrow or I am feeling like it. I don't have any pain in my ears. But before some days I found some gel like substance when I inserted finger or buds in the ear(It was like liquefied Ear Wax). I used hydrogen peroxide for some days. At present There is no such substance found with ear bud or finger. I am only worried about cancer.
Follow-up: Sir I am a male of 37 years. My ears 14 hours later
Thank you mam. Mam, is the narrowing of passage might be due to cancer or can the previous stated symptoms lead to cancer(I am also not sure whether it is actually a bit narrow or I am feeling like it. I don't have any pain in my ears. But before some days I found some gel like substance when I inserted finger or buds in the ear(It was like liquefied Ear Wax). I used hydrogen peroxide for some days. There was less bubbling sound in the left ear than the right one during the use of hydrogen peroxide. At present There is no such substance found with ear bud or finger. I am only worried about cancer.

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Otitis externa

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Any cancerous growth doesnt lead to a symmetric narrowing. In your case your ears seem to be absolutely normal.
The wax formation is a normal phenomenon. I hope my advise proves helpful.
Thanks and regards