Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Since puberty having white thick discharge. But clear liquid comes when stimulated or having sex. Underlying cause?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
This is embarrassing, but since puberty I have been able to get wet regardless of what I am doing. IE walking up stairs, sitting in class, watching tv, etc. But its not like urine it is a white discharge that ranges from either extremely thick and like (white opaque or clearish depending on your definition) or white and creamy. BUT when I am having sex or when my boyfriend is most stimulating my clit I have clear liquid come out like peeing (AM I?) and it is a ton of fluid. I am embarrassed. He is the first guy to ever get me to do this and he can only get me to do it either with just clitoris stimulation or his finger in me. Am I peeing because I am contracting so hard?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

It is not your pee. Your presenting feature is mostly suggestive of lukorrhoea in medical term. It is white thick/ liquid type clear discharge with no bad smell & itching.

It is quite physiological and occurs due to estrogen hormone imbalance. With rising of estrogen, there is abundant secretory activity of the endocervical gland.

Physiological excess occurs during puberty, around ovulation time and before commencing of period, during sexual excitement (more secretion from bartholin gland). These are quite normal phenomena.

Beside this cervical and vaginal cause can more precipitate the above condition. These includes cervical ectopy, cervicitis, mucous polyp, ectropion, increased pelvic congestion in pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), using contraceptive pill, ill health etc.

Clinical and pelvic examination with speculum may be needed to carry out by your gynecologist. Some relevant investigation like routine urine examination, vaginal swab test for microscopic examination & culture, hormonal assay etc are required to pinpoint the diagnosis and helps to rule out infective pathology.

Some measures to be taken to improve this type of condition:

1) Take healthy diet with more green vegetables and fresh fruits. Drink more water or fluids. Vitamin & iron supplements are quite helpful.
2) Keep your genital area clean & dry. Use mild, unscented soap and water to rinse well. After toilet, wipe from front to back to avoid spreading of bacteria from your anus to the vagina or urinary tract.
3) Wear allergen free clean cotton underwear that helps to keep your genital area dry.
4) Avoid tight-fitting clothing like panty hose and tight-fitting jeans. These may increase body heat and moisture in your genital area.
5) Don't douche or use deodorant tampons or feminine sprays, powders, or perfumes. These can change the normal balance of organisms in your vagina.
6) Try to avoid any type of sexual activity for few weeks and clean your genital area before & after each sexual intercourse.
7) Avoid mental stress/ depression/ anxiety by yoga/ meditation/ breathing exercise. Take a sound sleep with complete relaxation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor