Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Since childhood getting heat bumps filled with pus and blood on buttocks, not used any medicine. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hi, since my childhood I'm getting heat bumps filled with pus and blood on my buttocks . I had not used any medicine for this . It is observed that I get more no. Of bumps when the body is overheated. Can you please suggest a remedy for this ?
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You seem to be having recurrent boils

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description it seems, you tend to develop recurrent furuncles or boils.
Buttock area is prone to get infection as bacteria thrives better in moist occluded areas in warm or humid weather.
To treat the same
Do warm water compresses over the area and apply nadifolxacin or mupirocin cream twice in a day. also apply the cream over anal area to treat any focus of infection.
if painful take tablet Brufen
use triclosan based soap for bathing like soapex or ls dew etc
Keep the area dry and well ventilated. Wear cotton underclothes and change it twice in a day
With these steps lesions should resolve in five to seven days. If they do not, oral antibiotic might be required. For the same, a doctor's prescription is necessary.

Once lesions resolve, continue bathing with antibacterial soap to prevent recurrences and also apply antibiotic cream over anal area for five to seven days as that might be the focus of causative bacteria.
Hope that answered your query.
take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor