Since I started exercising, I am having knee pain due

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Since I started exercising, I am having knee pain due to Vitamin D deficiency when I asked the doctor, also my weight is 86kgs 25yrs old, what should I do for the knee pain, how to increase vit D as standing in the sun is not working out and what needs to be done for knee pain also I do desk job
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Starting Vitamin D supplements and mild pain killers will help.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the knee can be due to low levels of vitamin D or due to minor knee joint inflammation due to excessive body weight and exercise. To improve this you can start with Vitamin D supplements after getting your levels checked. You can also start with a healthy diet and mild pain killers to deal with the pain. Taking regular calcium supplements will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T