question-icon

Simple question...under my tongue, and I guess technically on the

Posted on Sun, 17 Feb 2019
Question: Simple question...under my tongue, and I guess technically on the floor of my mouth near the front kind of the end of the bottom of the tongue and floor of mouth I have two very small blister like things...smaller than the head of a pin.....no pain...no lumps. Its not a sore or anything of that sort.
Is this normal? I just happened to notice...is it okay as long as it doesn't get bigger?
I guess I'm just a worrier...just was at the dentist and he said or didn't even notice.

I drink alcohol but have not smoked in more than 35 years.
Follow up: Dr. Riddhi Shah (0 minute later)
Simple question...under my tongue, and I guess technically on the floor of my mouth near the front kind of the end of the bottom of the tongue and floor of mouth I have two very small blister like things...smaller than the head of a pin.....no pain...no lumps. Its not a sore or anything of that sort.

Answered by Dr. Riddhi Shah (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please see the answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting your query on health care magic.

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern.

Going through the information given by you,
it is possible that you might be suffering from Mucocele.

Mucocele is a benign, mucous-containing cystic lesion of the minor salivary glands presenting as a distinct, fluctuant, painless swelling of the mucosa.It results from results from a broken salivary gland duct, with the subsequent spillage of mucous into the soft tissue around the gland or due to the blockage of salivary gland ducts, with a subsequent build up of mucous.

As you are suffering tiny painless blister over the floor of mouth,which might possibly be a mucocele,right now no need to worry.No treatment needed at present.

If you suffer from any of the symptoms mentioned below,then you should consult an ENT specialist doctor,for the treatment:
Increase in the size of blister swelling/pain in the blister/Ulceration or hardness over the blister region.

Also if possible,you may upload the picture of blister in your mouth.

Take care and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Answered by Dr. Riddhi Shah (0 minute later)
Brief Answer:
Please see the answer

Detailed Answer:

Take care and regards.

Dr. Riddhi Shah

ENT Specialist