Sickness, sinus infection, ear infection, short of hearing, numbness of hands and legs, MRI. Suggestions?
Thank you for your query.
1. Her MRI will help rule out any rare demyelinating disease such as multiple sclerosis, any inflammation, infection, stroke or aneurysm in the nervous system. An MRI will also pick up whether her ear / sinus infection still exists.
2. I hope her MRI is within normal limits. Assuming this as the norm at her age, I would first get a blood profile to rule out deficiency syndromes such as megaloblastic anemia due to deficiency of Vitamin B12 and folic acid. Also rule out hypocalcemia (tingling numbness) and magnesium deficiency (sugar problems).
3. If her numbness is only on the side of the drained ear, it could be due to the involvement of the chorda tympani nerve which passes through the ear to the anterior two thirds of the tongue. I would definitely like to review the operative notes of the ear tube insertion. Periodic dizziness, when related to the ear has certain characteristics which differentiate it from central dizziness.
a)Has she had a Neurologist's opinion?
b)Does she have nystagmus?
c)Does she have any hearing loss?
d)Does she have Tinnitus? (BPPV/ Menier's Disease) Can you describe her episodes of dizziness as per relation to change of position, vertigo or unsteadiness, duration, fatigability.
4. A secondary Raynaud's Syndrome will also cause her blood circulation problems and her hands to turn blue with change in temperature and include arthritis and vasculitis.
Hope I have answered your query. You may need to fill in the latest information. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to get rid of sinus infection and ear infection
- Sinus infection tongue and mouth numbness
- Sinus infection causes ear infection
- Arm numbness and sinus infection
- Sinus infection and numb tongue
- Sinus infection ear infections heart murmurs
- Ear infection and hand numbness
- Sinus infection numbness in face
- Sinus infection with numb teeth
- Numb lips sinus infection
- Can an energy drink prior to blood test increase RBC levels ?
- Unstable,unable to walk independently and properly,on Vertinal and...
- Flu symptoms,throat and roof of mouth sore,coughed bright red blood,any...
- Tingling sensation along right side face,3-4 times daily,sensation when...
- Pain,stiffness,swelling in knees,X-ray,arthritis developing,knee...
- Amoebriz dosage for adults and children
- Eustachian tube dysfunction, ear virus, sick on planes, scopolamine,...
- Pea sized nodule in tongue, painful, affecting speech, tooth pain, jaw...
- What causes jawline lumps?
- Double bypass, respiratory failure, nose bleeds, selective embolization