Should we increase the quantity of Galact granules or switch back to Leptaden for improving lactation?
The expression of breast milk is dependent on several factors like the nutritional status of the mother, stress, infections, adequate hydration etc. Though both the preparations you used for improving lactation are ayurvedic, the constituents are different. This makes the pharmacological effects to vary.
In the current scenario, I think you can wait for a day or two instead of switching over medications too frequently. Apart from this, please make sure the mother gets adequate rest and good nutrition. If there is no improvement, please check with your consultant.
Certain precautions like avoidance of non-vegetarian diet, feeding on both sides during each feed have to be followed while using Galact granules. Maintain adequate hydration.
Please check with the baby's pediatrician if the feeds are not sufficient.
Hope you find this information useful. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cure for increasing back pain
- Is leptaden useful to increase progesterone level
- Back ache with discharge and increased thirst
- Headache back head increased pulse
- Back pain with increased size of angiomyolipoma
- Fordyce granules back of mouth
- Ayurvedic leptaden lactation side effects weight gain
- Lower back pain with increased urination
- Should get back pain with ckd
- Granules on roof of mouth towards back