Should we go for IVF inspite of having 3 follicles?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: a couple of months back, i had 6 follicles, iui was done which did not yield results. now, after stimulation with recagon 200 iu/day for 6 days, only 3 follicles are present. my doctor has suggested egg donor for ivf. im 36. also took gonapeptyl last month. should we wait to see next cycle if there are more follicles or go ahead with ivf with donor as the doc says that quality of follicles are not great.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
IVF

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. Your doctor is right. If there are only 3 eggs quality may not be great.

2. But if you wish to try with your eggs only this is best opportunity.

3. Things wont change in next cycles. Infact it may be worse as age increases.

4. If you wish to try with your eggs this is the time. If you wish to cancel this cycle next option is only donor egg cycle.

5. Take decision based on above facts.

6. Let the doctor raise recagon dose to 300 if necessary.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF and infertility Specialist