Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Should we call a doctor if my father had transient ischemic attack? Checking BP regularly.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
My father suffered a TIA on thursday. We've been checking his BP regularly. Today's readings: 7:40am 126/73. 11:50am 143/81. 4:30pm 169/90. 11:50pm 150/95.

Should we call his doctor?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I would suggest that your father be evaluated and investigated by his treating physician as soon as possible. TIAs (Transient Ischemic Attacks) are precursors of stroke and with appropriate management with anti-platelet drugs like aspirin; stroke can be a prevented in a number of cases.

Further, since his blood pressure is not under control, an evaluation becomes necessary as an increased blood pressure is also a risk factor for a stroke.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor