Should the ER be visited for testicular pain?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 in General Health
Question: my husband is having pain in his ball sack it feels like a small hard ball should he go to the er
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes he should get it reviewed for torsion

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what your husband had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, yes he should get it reviewed by a medical facility ER to rule out testicular torsion as it can be a surgical emergency.

Ultrasound testes and local examination may be enough to help with the diagnosis and to rule out other less aggressive conditions like vericocoele or hydrocoele or hernias.

Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can be continued. Wishing him a speedy recovery. Hope to this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D