Should mammography and sonomammography be done at a reputed hospital?
I have a good diagnostic centre near to my home who is using latest mammography machine Lilyum from Metaltronica, they are also doing Sonomammography along with
mammography but considering she is already a breast cancer patient, do you advise this test to be done from reputed hospital?
I also read about digital/3D mammography but it is available in only one hospital which very far from our place. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
Person reporting is important
Thanks for your query.
Mammogram reporting is most important. It has to be carefully compared to previous images. Accompanying ultrasound is added advantage but not absolutely necessary in all. And ultrasound is totally dependant on the person doing.
Digital mammogram is mostly done nowadays but film mammogram with good machine and interpreter is fine.
I would go to a place with dedicated breast radiologist rather than falling for fancy machines. Most likely places with dedicated breast radiologist will have good machines.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Circle found on mammography
- Cad in mammography
- Skin rash after mammography
- No shaving mammography
- Does mammography cause bruises
- Mammography on testicles
- Mammography depressed sternum
- Had sono mammography done what does the findings indicate
- Mammography interpretation
- Sono mammography bilateral done what does the report indicate
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?