Should magnesium supplements be taken after discontinuing potassium supplements while on Losartan Potassium?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Dr. Ilir Sharka

I Dr. , I stopped talking the potassium supplement, water pill with the first medication. I am currently taking morning/evening 50mg doses of Losartan Potassium and doing a lot better. My numbers are 112/97 pulse of 78. I am not sure if I need to take magnesium supplements. Your thoughts.
Thu, 24 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome back on HCM!

Your actual blood pressure values are normal, which means that your actual therapy is very effective in controlling blood pressure values.

Regarding potassium supplements, I wold recommend performing potassium plasma levels in order to judge if there is need for supplements or not.

You should know that high levels or low levels of plasma potassium can lead to serious adverse effects. For this reason, it is important checking potassium plasma levels regularly, as losartan is known to increase potassium plasma levels.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Wishing all the best for the New Year,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Should magnesium supplements be taken after discontinuing potassium supplements while on Losartan Potassium? 8 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr. for all your help. Have a good New Year as well.

Best Regards, XXXX

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I am glad to have been helpful to you!

Wishing good health,
Dr.Iliri