Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Should i take immediate action for arrythmia of 10beats/min?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
I am 42 and I have been extra hot this evening, and I have arrythmia (about 10 times per minute) with the following heart beat is very strong to where I can feel it. What is your opinion? Should I goto the hospital now, or make an appointment first thing in the morning.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 19 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for using Health Care Magic

It seem that you have developed an Cardiac Arrhythmia.
It could likely be a PSVT.

You should immediately rush to hospital and get an ECG done.
There is not time to waste..

Wish you good health

Thanks and Regards
Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 2 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

What I understand is that you are missing beats about 10 in a minute.The following beat after missed beat is strong.

You have not mentioned regarding any other complaints like headache,vomiting,chest pain etc.which normally is there in presence of arrhythmia.

It is possible that what you are having is just missed beats due to some reason.

Nicotine withdrawal or some anxiety related situation can lead to this.

Still it is advisable that you should at least get an EKG done to know the things properly.Please visit your doctor now and get your self examined.

I hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor