Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Should i be concerned over prolapsed uterus just appearing outside my vagina?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
i have a prolapsed uterus just appearing outside my virgina but i have a 6 week wait to see specialist should i see sooner?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCM. Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. There is no need to see specialist sooner since this is not an emergency unless there is excessive bleeding or intensive pain.You probably have it for longer time but you noticed it when uterus reached vagina. Women live with prolapsed uterus for many months,even years and some dont even want surgical repair especially in mild form of uterine prolapse. Of course if uterine prolapse makes you uncomfortable or disrupts your normal life, you might benefit from treatment especially if there is significant prolapse as in your case. So all in all,you can wait for 6 weeks and nothing serious can happen. Wish you good health. feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor