Should ear wax be cleaned regularly?

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 9 Sep 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: What are the problems when we dont clean wax from ears regularly. What is the best to clean ears i mean removing wax. Will ent surgeon do it?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no need to clean wax from ear regularly .

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX ,

I have read your query and understand your concern.

There is no need to clean wax from ear regularly . Ear can clean its wax of its own if we don't push wax inside by ear bud or any other object or try to clean it .

If it is collected by pushing wax inside ear , then start using wax dissolving ear drop ( Soliwax , Audiosol , clearwax ) 5 drops five times for 5 days.
Once it get dissolve , go to your ENT surgeon to clean under microscope with suction machine .
This is a best way to clean ear wax which will not cause any trauma to ear drum .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Regards.