Should PEP screening be done after protected sex?

Question

I had sex with a guy yesterday. I was the active partner ( I fucked him and got sucked too ). No kissing.

Sorry but I have to describe it in detail because I am scared now.

He drunk after that he smoke weed , before sucking my cock he had poppers and after that he wanted to sit on cock . I said no. let me wear condom . I wear condom ,put lube then fucked him.
I checked condom while pulling it off ( it was not broken , i put water and checked it was not leaking at all) . condom was there throughout penetration. but he sucked me without condom.

by looking at him that he was not even cared about condom initially ,so now i have many questions in my mind. and he was getting fucked like anything ( looks like he was too sex addicted ). thats why am worried.

I googled it , and found that . it should not be a problem ( being TOP reduced the chances ,also while anal it was protected throughout ) .

Is there any need to go for PEP ? it 24 hours now
Am i safe ?
Thanks ,
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to go for PEP

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Though it was protected intercourse, still you had direct contact for some time which was superficial, so there are chances of secretions coming in contact directly. Risk of STD's is possible, Risk will be minimal but not safe intercourse completely. Even a minimal virus entry is enough to cause disease in future,
So its better to go for PEP, and get tested for infection

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Follow-up: Should PEP screening be done after protected sex? 43 minutes later
Hello Doctor

Regarding : still you had direct contact for some time which was superficial

Which contact doctor ? ... there was no direct contact at the time of anal

Are you talking about oral sex ?? Wearing condom throughout the intercourse (anal sex ) is not safe enough ?

Not questioning but is it not true PEP is when there is no protection used ? Hope you understand my concern and help me with it.
Thank you once again.

Appreciate if you can reply soon . Thanks a lot

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
PEP

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up query.

Yes, I mentioned about oral sex, If you had oral sex secretions do exchange and chances of spread of infection. Chances are rare but we can't rule out infection.
I appreciate that you used condom during intercourse.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related queries.

Follow-up: Should PEP screening be done after protected sex? 10 hours later
Are you specifically suggesting PEP for HIV infection or for some other STDs?

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
For HIV infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up query.

my concern is for HIV infection , So PEP needs to be taken for HIV infections.
We have treatment to cure other STD infections but not HIV, So better to get prophylaxis treatment done.