Should MRI be considered to rule out brain tumor in the light of symptoms like dizziness and loss of appetite?
Loss of appetite
Change in behavior
Irrational decision making and behavior
Morning headaches and night lasting for hours
Nausea in mornings
Lack of determination
Aggression and irritability
I was wondering if I should consider getting an MRI?
Brain tumors are quite uncommon. Additional information is required
I can certainly understand your concern..
I have worked through your attached query in detail..
Brain tumors are an uncommon cause of behavioral disturbances.
Before deciding to take up an MRI scan I would like to know the following from you
Since how long did you have these symptoms?
Are you currently experiencing any stress-related issues either at work or in personal life?
Did you screen yourself for Thyroid and Gynecological issues?
Once I receive your answers I will guide you thoroughly
Review with reports to determine further course of action
Please ensure to take up Thyroid function tests and ultrasound abdomen before thinking ON MRI SCAN OF BRAIN.
Many of your symptoms are largely caused by Thyroid and Gynecological issues. These are more common.
Brain tumors are associated with effortless vomiting, vision disturbances and weight loss.
Further management is largely based on test results.
Review with reports to determine further course of action.
Mood stabilizers, and Antidepressants will be helpful in large number of individuals if the investigative work up ( Thyroid, Gynecological and MRI brain) is normal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails