Should Lisinopril be discontinued when having curvature of the erect penis?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have been taking lisinopril for about a month and find that I have curvature of the erect or partially erect penis The head of the uncircumcised penis bends to the left. I have a doctor's appointment in a week's time. Should I stop taking the lisinopril now?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to any known adverse effects of lisinopril.

So, there is no reason to stop taking lisinopril.

Nevertheless, I recommend checking your potassium levels, because lisinopril can cause an increase of potassium levels.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri