Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Should I worry if the blood test showed RBC with to 4-10?

Answered by
Dr. Shruti Rijhwani


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2366 Questions

Posted on Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: i am 70 years old in good health but my test came back with rbc of 4-10 should i worry.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I would like to tell you that If you are talking about RBC in urine then since you are male it is significant . But in my opinion it would be better to get it repeated once more so that to be sure this is not false positive . It can be due to Urinary tract infection, Benign hypertrophy of prostate etc .Malignancy also needs to be ruled out . You need to see a physician for this .A USG prostate will be necessary .A p/r examination will be required if your treating doctor feels so . Take care. DR. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Prostate

doctor1 MD

I am a 23 year old man with high blood pressure and a high heart rate. I have for the last two years been suffering from frequent urination and very loose stool. I usually have to go once in 45 mins. I recently have lost the sensation of having to urinate alltogether. It is really scaring me. I have infrequent abdominal pain in front of my left hip and lower back pain too. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 350lbs. I have had my blood tested for diabetes and it came back with great blood sugar. I have also had my prostate looked at and it looks fine. My kidneys were checked and they were fine too. The doctors in a hospital and my personal doctor basically said we don t know whats wrong with you . This is very scary and uncomfortable. I can t work anymore because of this and it s gotten so bad that I can t even leave my own home sometimes because I have to go to the bathroom so much... When I go, it s also a good amount of each, not just a dribble. I don t know what else to do but I really would like some help... I don t know where to turn or what to do anymore.

doctor1 MD

I had undergone TURP in April 2009. But urianation has never been smooth ro complete even after this surgery. I have to strain much, have to get up three to four times during the night for urination. A second urologist reviwed my ultrasound of my KUB and found out prostate enalrgement. He says anotehr TURP is required for this. I had taken homeopathy treatment for about 8 months with no improvement. Do I have to undergo a second TURP to remove the residual tissues? Is it safe? Please advise in detail. Regards G.Gopal, India

doctor1 MD

my father is experiencing constant pain on his left side on the back just above the hip, his prostate ha s increased from 32 to 44 since last year. I am really worried as he was considered to be suffering from slip disc but thts not the case. Pls suggest , can there be chance of cancer.

doctor1 MD

. Noticed sperm discharge with bowel movements. Do I have a prostate issue? Hi, Sometimes when I am taking a Bowel movement a little bit of a sperm/cum like fluid comes out the tip of penis. usually happens I am worried i may have a prostate issue. Please advise.

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr. Ditah, THANK YOU for asking me how I am doing, as I do have several follow questions for you Here goes: 1. I have believed for some time now that I have some form of inflammation or infection in the area of my eye cage and forehead. This...

doctor1 MD

I am a 39 year male and I am urinating every 30 minutes to 1 hour. I don't have any pain or discoloration. Just concerned at how often im going I'd like to know what this could be if anything dangerous or to be concerned of.

doctor1 MD

I have a bladder that is not functioning and have been self cathing for almost 7 weeks. The problem is not with the actual cathertization but after I finish...and not always immediately...I seem to have what I would term an ache or almost like a...