Should I worry if the blood test showed RBC with to 4-10?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: i am 70 years old in good health but my test came back with rbc of 4-10 should i worry.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I would like to tell you that If you are talking about RBC in urine then since you are male it is significant . But in my opinion it would be better to get it repeated once more so that to be sure this is not false positive . It can be due to Urinary tract infection, Benign hypertrophy of prostate etc .Malignancy also needs to be ruled out . You need to see a physician for this .A USG prostate will be necessary .A p/r examination will be required if your treating doctor feels so . Take care. DR. Shruti