Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Should I worry if my mouth got burned by hot food?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12671 Questions
Hello, about 6 days ago i ate some really hot food burned the upper portion of my mouth. Today everything seems to be ok, I have no pain anymore in that area, but i have notice what appears to be a groove (i think it might be a scar forming) that was not there before. should i be worried?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

After a burn due to hot food our taste buds are the first thing to get affected. You might experience some loss of taste, burning sensation in the mouth. If there are any such symptoms then applying glycerine and local anaesthetic gel will help in relieving.

A small groove can be the result of fibrosis caused by the healing wound. This will be back to normal in next 5-7 days. You need not worry about it.

You can take Vitamin B- complex supplements to encourage early healing.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up query if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor