Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Should I worry about twisting of my testicle due to surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Hi on a surgury repair of an undesended testicle can the testicle be stitch in the scrotum without cutting the scrotum open. Had surgury when I was 13 years old to bring down left side. Whent in through the groin. Testicle stays up at the base of penis. Never did the doctor make a incision in the scrotum. Do I need to worry about the testicle twisting. Thanks

Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later
Thanks for the query.

Undescended testis can be fixed in the scrotum without opening up the scrotal sac.

However, I believe your scrotal pouch has been made a little higher and thus testis stay at the base of penis.

However, this should not worry you because this can be the position of testis.

Usually fixed testis have very little chance of twisting.

Due to the fIbrosis induced by surgery itself they get fixed at a place and hence no twisting.

Hope i have answered your query. I will be available for follow up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor