Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Should I worried about the pus sac in the back that is growing ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12749 Questions
I have what I beleive to be a pus sack on my back. It has been present for some time, but has recently grown to the size of a large marble. The last several days I have forced blood and pus from it. It comes out at a spurt of pressure. Should I be concerned about something dangerous?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
A pus sack on your back from which you have removed pus repeatedly in the background of diabetes might be a chronic infection like tuberculosis.
You need to have a pus culture and sensitivity from that abscess and have antibiotics according to the sensitivity.
Usually in such a pus pocket once the pus has been drained completely and blood comes, the area starts healing. Repeated collection of pus needs to be investigated.
You also need to have a fasting and post prandial blood glucose checked to see if your diabetes is well controlled.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor