Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Should I visit a doctor for blood from ear after using Q-tip and how long will it take to heal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I used a qtip and to itch ear, blood and now fluid is coming out..should should I see a doctor? how long will this take?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 days later
Brief Answer: Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to tell you that you might have punctured your ear drum which is leading to oozing of blood and fluids . You should not waste time and go in emergency and see and ENT specialist because only after examination with otoscope it can be determined that what is the extent of damage . Till then cover your ear with cotton and dont try to manipulate it . Take care . Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor