Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

168 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Should I talk to my doctor about increased blood glucose levels despite taking Glipizide?

Answered by
Dr. Mirjeta Guni


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 2122 Questions

Posted on Fri, 16 Nov 2018 in Diabetes
Question: My doctor took me off metformin and put me on glipizide.
Because of sever diareha .I have been on glipizide for 3 weeks.
and my fasting before breakfast is ranging from 160 to 250.
It seem ineffective,should I have my doctor prescribe something
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About your concern...

Detailed Answer:

Hello and thank you for asking!

I have gone carefully through your concern.

The glucose levels you reported are high and you should see a physician to adjust the treatment (to increase the dose of glipizide if you are not overweight or to add other tablets if you are overweight).

There are so many alternatives of treatments in our days but there are some pieces of information (the Hba1c, the BMI, renal and liver function etc) needed before deciding about it.
You should see a physician to modify the treatment and not stay too long with blood glucose over 200 mg/ dl.

Hope the information will help.

Kind regards,
Dr. Mirjeta Guni, Endocrinologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on