Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Should I take medication for severe premature ejaculation?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1525 Questions
I am suffering from severe premature ejaculation since long, means i come within 1 minute during vaginal intercourse. I'm 172 cms, 68 kg, male with no such disease like hypertension or diabetes. I have tried condoms, several related exercise but nothing resulted well. I dont even have erectile dysfunction. After primary PE its like, I could last for 5 mins without condom and can last longer with condom.. Do i need medication?
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may need medicines Detailed Answer: Hello Long standing Premature ejaculation ,if present since beginning, generally needs help of medications. I usually prescribe an SSRI like Paroxetine CR 12.5 mg daily for a month. This is in addition to the pelvic floor muscle exercise and usual sex therapy sessions. Results are good. Any more queries are welcome Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Should I take medication for severe premature ejaculation? 6 hours later
Respected Doc, What shall i do if it wont show good result.. i mean (i) Increase the dose or continue the paroxetine with same dose and for how long? (ii) Do i need any laboratory tests? (iii) Any alternative medication.. Plz doc, dont misunderstand me.. i have full confidence in you.. Actually the discussion will end within two days.. Plz inform me how can I contact you again if problem arises..
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Have confidence in medicine Detailed Answer: Hello I can understand your concern and apprehension. The dose of Paroxetine can be increased to 50 mg or even higher for 2-3 months but very high doses some times cause reduced desire for sex . There are many other medications which can be used. I can't ethically prescribe medicine on line but only suggest. As for as contacting me again is concerned, you can either contact through this same web site or search my name on google.You need no lab test if your erection is optimally rigid. Good Luck DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor