Should I Take A Pill To Delay My Periods Then?
2. Since three/four months the gap between my two cycles has extended to 36-40 days. My two last periods are 26 aug-1st sept and then 13-19 oct. This gap was unusual, probably because I did a 8-day course of naproxen for my back pain.
3. As per my estimation, I won't get my periods on time for this month i.e 15th nov as they usually get 10/15 days late
4. Usually I am okay even if they get late, but this month my husband is visiting from 25th Nov
5. I started Duphaston 10mg from yesterday and will do a 5-day course of it to get my periods on time or at least before his arrival so I am done with it
6. In the past, whenever I have taken Duphaston, I have gotten my periods within two/three days. However, that has been when I took it past my period dates. This time, since I have taken it before my period date, I am worried as to what if it doesn't work.
7. Can you ask your friend - should I continue this course of 5-day for duphaston 10mg? And if i don't get periods for let's say till 22nd Nov, should I take a pill to delay my periods then?
Since you have started Duphaston yesterday, you will be finishing it on 11th. In all probability you should get your period within a week. Take the Tab Duphaston 10 mg twice daily from today.
The other option can be to take Tab Duphaston 10 mg once daily, until after your husband’s visit. Stop the tablet on the day of your husband’s departure. You will get your period within a week.
The option you have written in number ‘7’ doesn’t work well as you would have taken tablets now.
I hope I have answered your doubts.
Do write if you need any further clarifications.