Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

140 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Should I take HIV test if doubtful, the blood is drawn from a used needle?

Answered by
Dr. Shinas Hussain

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2015

Answered : 14761 Questions

Posted on Mon, 17 Sep 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I got tested for diabetes today using Dr. Morepen machine at XXXXXX pharmacy using blood sample. But the pharmacist dint opened the new needle infront of me. So I am not sure whether he used the new needle or not. I am really scared about the probability of getting HIV infection due to the needle stick used for collecting my blood sample. Please answer below questions:-
1) Is my fear justified?
2) Do I need HIV testing?
3) please prescribe me a particular gel/ cream that can give me instant erection without the need of sexual simulation.
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

No need to worry that much.

Detailed Answer:


Here are the answers as per your queries:

1. Reputed hospitals never use used needles for patients and it is not practised even in clinics/pharmacies. So no need to worry regarding contaminated needles in this case.

2.HIV test not required as of now. However, you can do a screening test for reassurance.

3. Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware of, no such creams available. I'd strongly suggest not going for such products claiming extraordinary results.

Please consult a Urologist for erection problem and get thoroughly evaluated at first (to rule out any organic or psychogenic pathologies).

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Shinas Hussain 50 minutes later

1) According to you,there is no need to get tested for HIV? Kindly reconfirm.i will not go for HIV screening then.

2) I have been diagnosed with psychogenic ED by urologist and cialis doesn't works anymore. Shall I try Viagra? I have heard about products like Vig Rx Oil and pro solution gel ,that can give instant erection. Please suggest me such product also.
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 17 hours later
Brief Answer:

No need of HIV testing.

Detailed Answer:


No need for HIV testing. You can go for a screening just for reassurance.

No ointments or oils provide an instant erection. Products that claim such effects are fakes.

Psychogenic ED needs evaluation by a psychiatrist also. You may require anti-anxiety medicines also. Don’t start Viagra on your own.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Shinas Hussain 2 days later
Thanks doctor. Please reply to my below 3 questions. And I will close the thread.

1) My fastening blood sugar level is 104 and non fasting is 103. Can you please give some suggestions to bring my fastening blood sugar level to lower level? Is fastening blood sugar level of 104 prediabetic?

2) My haemoglobin level is 13 and RBC count is 4.2. so both are on the lower level. Can you suggest me some multivitamin capsules and syrup.

3) Apart from PDE5 inhibitors, can you please suggest any specific tablet thats helpful in psychogenic ED in terms of helping with erection.
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 19 hours later
Brief Answer:

No medicines required as of now.

Detailed Answer:


Your fasting blood sugar falls with in normal limits. No drugs needed as of now. You can go for diet control and exercises.

Your haemoglobin RBC status is quite normal and nothing is required. Have iron rich foods like green leafy vegetables.

Consult a psychiatrist for the management of psychogenic ED and he will direct you with various treatment options.

Do not start with any drug without consulting a doctor.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on