Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Should I take HIV test for having dry lips after a physical contact in massage parlor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1115 Questions
Hi Doctor I have a question on HIV infection. I went to a massage parlor and during massage, I have touched my lips for like 5-10 seconds on the lady's nipple. There is no exposure other than that. I havent noticed any fluids on her nipple nor i felt anything my lips. There are no visible cuts on my lips and visible cuts or sores on her nipples as well. I asked her if she has a baby and breastfeeding to which she said no. My lips are dry and i could see some skin peeling but visible blood or cuts or sores. I am worried if this is risk for HIV infection and wonder if i need HIV testing after 3 month period
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO. Testing not needed. Chelitis. Lip Balm Detailed Answer: Hello, No. You are not at the risk of HIV infection. Because you do not have any sexual intercourse with her. 1. There is no visible cuts or cracks in nipples 2. There is no fluid from the nipples 3. There is no visible cuts on your lips In acute HIV viral infection, symptoms are flu like ie fever, cough, body pain etc.. Thus it may be due to some other cause other than HIV. There are many causes for dryness and cracks in lips. Lip licking, biting or rubbing habits are the common cause for these chelitis. The lips have a greater tendency to dry out in cold, dry weather. Thus climatic condition may be the cause for your chelitis. Use some lip balm to keep your lips moist. Do not get worried about this. You do not need any testing after 3 weeks to confirm it as HIV. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor