Should I take Benzonatate while suffering form clogged ears accompanied by mild nasal and chest congestion?
Sore throat with eustachian tube blockage
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
You have probably developed eustachian tube blockage caused by nasal congestion or throat infection and it was aggravated by the air travel that led to the pressure changes.
My advise is you should take a combination of levocetrizine plus phenylepherine twice daily and use xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day.
Take steam inhalation and chew a gum that will help to decongestant the eustachian tube and relieve symptoms.
Take all for a week.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ear and nasal congestion
- Is benzonatate okay to take with methadone
- Nasal congestion and ear pain
- Nasal spray ear congestion
- Dont take zpack with benzonatate
- How should i take benzonatate pill
- Taking benzonatate with vicodin
- Nasal congestion clogged ear cloudy head
- Is benzonatate safe to take with benedryl
- Take excedrin with benzonatate
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?