Should I shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy?
Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX
Well looking into your issue I will tell you that it is not mandatory to shave your groin hair for the procedure . But if you want to do it then its for your personal hygeine .
So that remains your personal choice .
Some hospitals follow this shaving as a part of their protocol as it reduces the chance of contamination . Shaving is generally done by the hospital staff itself .
But there should be no issue with it , even if they do it , it remains a regular thing for them . I will suggest you not to worry regading this .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will i be shaved for a colonoscopy
- Propranolol before colonoscopy
- Taking melatonin before colonoscopy
- Colonoscopy need to shave
- Should i shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy
- Sudafed before colonoscopy
- Why should vitamins be avoided before going to colonoscopy
- Questions to ask before colonoscopy
- Nyquil before colonoscopy
- Is it necessary to go for colonoscopy before piles operation
- Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth?
- Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and weak muscles....
- Undergoing replacement therapy for low IgG. Have pain in chest and foot....
- Child having frequent unconsciousness. Nil observation shown in EEG and...
- Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?
- Having pain, sweating hips and around waist line and legs. Buldging...
- Have ulcerative colitis and taking remicaid infusion therapy. Suggest...
- Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test....
- Should I shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy?
- Having swelling in face, hands, feet and rashes all over body. Had bouts...