Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Should I seek second opinion? SVT attached to AV node in heart, tear in aortic valve, ablations ineffective

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1988
Answered : 43 Questions
hi, i have severe svt attached to avnode in the center of may heart....this has caused my aortic valve to tear in 2 areas leaking to the left side of mat heart, my mitral to porlapse and my pulmonary to start leaking into my lungs....i have had 2 ablasions with no luck...i was told about chryo dr told me i would be dead in 10 years.....that since i am only 32 my heart would over work the plastic valves and if i have the chryo it would make my heart blow up...that if the av node is damaged a pacemaker would not work.....i am to young for all of this to kill me....should i seek a 2nd opinion.....i have had this since i was 15. told to replace my valves around 40 and i would be fine now this....
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gopi A 15 hours later
Thanks for the query.

I have gone through your query. I am not sure i have understood the whole thing properly.

I will spell out the problem as i understand first and take it from there.

You are suffering from supraventricular tachycardia with a failed ablation twice.

You also have a leak in the aortic valve, a pulmonary valve.

I need some more information like are you on medications for SVT(Supraventricular tachycardia), and how often do you get the tachycardia episodes.

What is the degree of leak in the aortic and pulmonary valve, is the mitral valve leaking?

If possible i would like you to send me a scanned copy of the ECG and a copy of the echo report.

Once i get this information i will be able to give you some answers.


Dr. A. Gopi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor