Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Should I seek medical attention for painful swollen leg muscle caused due to an accident?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 589 Questions
I was a passenger in a motor bike accident. I fell and with the impact hit my leg. Immediately me lower leg muscle got swollen. It's not the back of my leg but the side. I currently have it elevated with ice. Should I seek medical attention?? I cannot walk on it since it hurts. I can wiggle my toes and move my feet but I'm too afraid to flex my leg muscles.
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Guru 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, you need medical attention Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Yes, you need medical attention. By the clinical description you have given, there is possibility of fracture, but cannot confirm. You need an X ray as early as possible to avoid any further complications. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor