Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Should I seek medical attention for gripey stomach?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4820 Questions
Gripey stomach low down for two weeks after eating out. First day some diarrhoea but this went after second day. Short cold after 4 days but still have gripes after two weeks but it has got milder. Should I leave it to sort itself out or should I see a doctor?
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggested to see a doctor as soon as possible... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You are reporting to have gripey stomach after eating out and you experienced diarrhoea only the first day, which gone after the second day. Gripe persists for 2 weeks. To my opinion, it is better to see a doctor to further evaluate what is causing gripe to you. Furthermore, I suggest to: - do abdominal ultrasound - culture of stool for bacteria, candida, virus - examination of stool for ova/parasites I also suggest to: - take spasmex or buscopan to relieve the gripe - take probiotic to optimize intestinal flora - drink more water Hope it answered to your question! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up! If satisfied with this answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer. All the best! Dr.Alba
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor