Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

157 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Should I seek a medical advice while experiencing vaginal itching, excessive vaginal discharge and groin rash?

Answered by
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2011

Answered : 2288 Questions

Posted on Mon, 27 Aug 2018 in General Health
Question: Vaginal itch, lots of discharge and a rash all around ?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need high vaginal swabs cultures and antibiotics.

Detailed Answer:


Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it needs to be evaluated by a detailed per vaginal examination by a gynecologist and needs high vaginal swabs cultures and sensitivity testing to isolate the causative organisms and also look for the antibiotics they are sensitive to.

Possibility of vaginal candidiasis or bacterial infections like chlamydia or trichomoniasis should also be ruled out.

It may need oral Metronidazole therapy along with antibiotics as well as antifungals both oral and topical. Ultrasound pelvis may also be needed to look for extent of infection.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query.

Take care.

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on