Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Should I receive treatment immediately if I have a quite heart attack?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
I was told by my cardiologist that I have had a quiet heart attack. He told me to come back to his office in one week to discuss the treatment plan. My question is: If I had a heart attack, quiet or otherwise, shouldn't I receive treatment immediately?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: ECG changes Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like there were ECG changes like T wave inversions or Q waves on your ECG which indicates old events and not new ones.In such situations the further management can be delayed for a short while if you are not symptomatic. If the heart attack was ongoing the ECG would show ST elevation which is an emergency. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Should I receive treatment immediately if I have a quite heart attack? 41 minutes later
Since the heart attack(s) is old, does this mean that I probably have irreversible heart tissue damage due to lack of oxygen to the tissue or scar tissue damage to coronary arteries?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the reply Yes, It is possible that there might be irreversible damage to the heart tissue. However the extent of it can only be known through angiogram and ECHO. Since you are asymptomatic the damage could be very minimal. I advice you not to panic and get the investigations done as advised Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor