Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Should I go to hospital if I have pain in spine and light headedness?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I feel light headed and have a pain to the left of the top of my spine. I have a home blood pressure monitor that reads: Pulse rate 89 Systolic 140 Dia 86 I have taken a quarter of a tablet of catapress 100, 15 mins ago. Should I go to hospital?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See Dr for review, not an emergency though Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It might be important to know if you have had these symptoms before, or if these symptoms are recurrent. Knowing the events you have gone through lately, especially stressful events. The Catapress or Clonidine is drug for hypertension. It would have been nice to know your blood pressure readings before you took the drug. However, the Blood pressure readings you got are not a major call for concern. They are ok, except that the systolic at 140 mmHg is borderline. It is recommended that the systolic blood pressure however should be less than 140mmHg. I do not think you need to treat this as an emergency. But it is important to get a clinical review from your doctor. This shall permit you assess other cardiovascular risk factors and prioritize specific complementary work ups if necessary, as shall be guided by your case. Enough rest and controlling your BP later is my advice. In case symptoms persist or aggravate, you might need to see a doctor earlier. If not, with good blood pressure readings, you could take your time and consult a doctor in good time for a proper review. Do not hesitate asking follow up questions in case you got any specific concerns. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor