Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Should I go for a stint placement for calcium build up in heart valve?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
The clinic I am going to they are converting with my different doctors around the country what to do . I need heart valve surgery and had replacement 12 years ago. I have one that is leaking that was replaced and another on the other side has calcium in the valve and narroring it . they awant to do a stint on the leaking on. and can not fix the other one is to reskesy. Iwant to live please help is standart to have other doctors talk and give answers should I go to the surgeron with the most expersice to do it.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Heart chath&angiography before intervention... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and understood your concerns. Yes the wise thing to do in your case is to go in a specialized cardiologic clinic for a proper diagnosis and with a skillful staff of interventionist cardiologist (for percutaneous valve replacement procedures) and cardiac surgeons. Based on the data you provided, you have a leaking valve (the one that was replaced 12 years ago) and a calcified stenotic valve. Both valves theoretically may be treated via percutaneous procedures. If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to go for Heart catheterization/angiography in order to determine the best invasive strategy for you (if the valves may be treated via percutaneous or should be treated with surgery). This exams is the golden standard before going for any invasive procedures. Hope I answered to your query. Dr. Benard
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor